Nursing Care Plans For Activity Intolerance
Definition: Insufficient physiological or psychological energy to endure or complete required or desired daily activities
Limitation Characteristics Activity Intolerance:
• Response not from normal blood pressure on the activity
• Response does not dati normal heart rate for activities
• EKG shows changes aritmia
• EKG showed ischemia changes
• inconvenience during activities
• Dyspnea at beraktifitas
• Reporting of fatigue
• Reporting of weaknes
Related factors Nursing Diagnosis Activity Intolerance:
• complete exhaustion
• imbalance between oxygen supply and demand
Verbal report of fatigue/weakness
Abnormal heart rate/blood pressure response to activity
Electrocardiographic changes reflecting arrhythmias/or ischemia
Sample Clinical Applications Nursing Diagnosis Activity Intolerance
- Patien will Identify negative factors affecting activity tolerance and eliminate or reduce their effects when possible.
- Patien will Use identified techniques to enhance activity tolerance.
- Patien will Participate in necessary/desired activities.
- Patien will Report measurable increase in activity tolerance.
- Patien will Demonstrate a decrease in physiological signs of intolerance
Nursing Priority Nursing Care Plans For Activity Intolerance
• Identify causative/precipitating factors
• Assist client to deal with contributing factors and manage activities within individual limits
• To promote wellness (patient teaching/discharge considerations)
Do not use this diagnosis , unless there is a possibility to improve the patient's resistance. Using intolerance activities if the patient complained fatigue or weakness due to the activities. Activity intolerance often cause other problems such as self-care deficit. We can use this diagnosis.